The National Health Insurance Scheme has announced that you can now link your NHIS card to your Ghana card.
When you do this, your Ghana card basically becomes your insurance card which you can send to the hospital or to pharmacies that accept NHIS cards.
You can activate your insurance on your Ghana card when the premium you have paid expires.
To be able to link your NHIS card to your Ghana card, please follow the direction on the creative below:
- Dial *929# on your smartphone
- Select option 4 (Link Ghana Card)
- Enter the 13 digits Ghana Card PIN (eg. GHA – XXXXXXXX-X)
- Press send and
- Enter the 8 digit NHIS membership number
- Press send again and
- Wait for a confirmation message indicating the process was successful.
Now, you have one less card to worry about.
According to the NIA, this forms part of the Government of Ghana’s (GoG) effort to ensure every Ghanaian has one card.