The kid has launched his career in the same place as Neymar.
- Santos FC youngster Kauan Basile has become the youngest athlete ever to sign a Nike contract.
- The Brazilian is just 8 years old; Neymar and Leo Messi put pen to paper at 13 and 15 years old respectively.
- However, the previous record-holder was Real Madrid’s Rodrygo who signed a deal with Nike at 11.
- “He is a player with a crazy desire to win. He possesses a lot of technical quality,” Basile’s father Andrezinho has told Clarion.
- One of the 8-year-old’s biggest awards so far is the 2019 Sao Paulo futsal championship Best Player prize.